Extended Deadline CFP: Digital Projects Showcase
**Extended Deadline** Call for Proposals
Digital Projects Showcase applications due Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Walker Library Digital Scholarship Initiatives invites proposals for speakers to present a digital project with emphasis in digital methods or technologies in research, teaching, or outreach from any discipline or area at MTSU. Projects may be individual or collaborative and from MTSU faculty, staff or students.
Examples of digital projects include (but are not limited to):
- geomapping research (with StoryMaps, ArcGIS, QGIS, Zeemaps, CartoDB, Batchgeo);
- text analysis of literary works (with Oxygen, TEI, Viewshare, or Voyant);
- digitization projects (with Omeka or CONTENTdm) or web applications;
- applying data visualizations or machine learning for scientific discovery (with Tableau, R, D3, or Python);
- network analysis (with Palladio or Gephi);
- historical analysis (with TimelineJS);
- qualitative research (NVivo) or statistical analysis (SPSS);
- computational methodologies; and others
Selected projects will present in a lightning round style Showcase on November 29, 2017. Presenters will have up to 15 minutes to present (Brief 10-15 minutes or Snapshot 3-5 minutes) the use of technologies and overview of their digital projects. Computer, internet access, whiteboard and a microphone will be available for use.
*Applications are due November 7, notifications to selected speakers are November 15. Send questions to digitalscholar[at]mtsu[dot]edu
** APPLICATION FORM (Link) WORKSHOP SCHEDULE/CFP (PDF)