CFP Now Open: Digital Seed Grants 2021-2022
Announcing the call for Digital Seed Grant Awards
The Digital Seed Grant competition for 2021-2022 is now open. Walker Library Digital Scholarship Initiatives invites proposals for seed grants to support individual or collaborative digital scholarship projects in research, teaching, or public outreach from any discipline or area at MTSU. The call for proposals (CFP) is open to MTSU faculty, staff, researchers and graduate students pursing digital scholarship projects (from the arts to sciences and everything in between). Projects run from July 1 to June 30. Applications for the 2021-2022 cycle are due April 16, 2021.
Examples of digital projects, past winners, and application guidelines are available at http://dsi.mtsu.edu/dsgrant.
Seed Grants (up to $2,000)
Example Uses of Seed Grant
· Hiring a student worker to perform data collection or analysis, text encoding, or data entry*
· Digitizing materials not held at Walker Library
· Purchasing specialized equipment for digitization or analysis
· Digital textbook, edition, archive or exhibit
· Media-rich narratives or interactive storytelling
· Use of games, 3D, AR/VR, or maker projects for research or teaching
· Applying geospatial methods to literary texts, historical problems, or scientific discoveries
· Textual, network, audio, or visual analysis
· Pedagogical focus on civic or public humanities